Be the hit of this years Thanksgiving with BBQ Bob’s Smoked Turkey Brine recipe! This is the ultimate Brine recipe for Thanksgiving. So get your cooker and BBQ Guru control unit ready to go for this Thursday and give your family and friends something that they will be truly Thankful for this holiday season!
BBQ Bob’s Smoked Turkey Brine
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- 2 gallons of cold water
- 1 ½ cups of salt
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 tsp black whole peppercorns
- Zest of two lemons
- 1 lemon sliced into wedges
- 2 tsp. of fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. BBQ Bob’s Alpha Rub
- In a large container or bucket pour 2 gallons of cold water.
- Take 3 cups of that water and pour into a sauce pot. Heat on medium and add all of the brining ingredients listed above.
- Stir frequently allowing the salt and sugar to dissolve.
- Cool the brine down and add to the bucket or container with the rest of the cold water.
- Stir the water well then add the turkey and completely submerge in the brine. Set the container in a refrigerator or cold place at approximately 36 degrees F for 10 hours
- After 10 hours, remove the turkey from the brine and rinse well.
- Pat the turkey dry and it is ready to season and cook.