Pulled Chicken smothered in Pasta sauce and stuffed into Orange Bell Peppers
Bell Pepper Jack-O-Lanterns with Parmesan Pulled Chicken
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- 4 orange bell peppers
- 1 whole chicken
- Pasta sauce (homemade or your favorite store bought brand)
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Breadcrumbs (mix with ¼ cup of olive oil)
- Italian Parsley
- Roast the whole chicken in your grill or smoker at 300°F for about 1 ½ hours or until the internal breast temperature is 165°F and the thigh is 185°F.
- Pull meat from chicken and place into a casserole dish.
- Add 16 oz. of pasta sauce
- 1 bag of shredded mozzarella
- 1 bag of shredded parmesan
- 1 block of cream cheese
- Salt\pepper and garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients well and bake at 325 for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes
- Pour into the bell peppers and top with breadcrumbs
- Place bell peppers in the oven at 325 for 20 more minutes to allow the breadcrumbs to crust over.