Aggressive in flavor, The Blitz packs a lot of heat. Have a cold glass of milk or other beverage ready. Otherwise, the wings’ spiciness will sack your tongue for a 10-yard loss. Welcome to the NFL, baby.
The Luke Kuechly Blitz Wings
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- Chicken wings - Family Pack (16 wings)
- Wing Sauce - 1 cup
- Cayenne pepper - 1 tsp
- Garlic powder - 3 tsp.
- Black pepper - ¼ tsp.
- BBQ Bob’s Alpha Rub - 2 tbsp.
- BBQ Bob’s Original Sauce - ¼ cup
- Sriracha sauce - ¼ cup
- Measuring cup
- Medium bowl
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- Large bowl with snap on lid
- Charcoal grill
- Wing Sauce: In a small sauce pan over medium heat add the BBQ sauce, wing sauce, black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and Sriracha sauce. Stir well while heating sauce. Reduce slightly. (approx. 20 minutes)
- Light coals and set smoker or grill (indirect) to 275°F.
- Brush some Sriracha sauce onto wings then shake on the BBQ Bob’s Alpha rub coating both sides of the wings.
- Cook wings for 40 minutes on one side then flip. Continue to cook wings for approx. 30-40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 185-190°F.
- With your tongs, place the wings in a large bowl and pour the warm wing sauce over them. Place the lid on the bowl and shake the bowl to coat the wings. Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese or ranch dressing.