Fresh wild caught salmon is brushed with sweet, spicy, and tangy Asian flavors that will “wow” your date. Served with a side of tender and crispy baby bok choy, grilled to perfection and incredibly tasty.
Sweet and Spicy Sesame Garlic Salmon with Baby Bok Choy
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- 1 salmon filet (I prefer wild caught)
- BBQ Bob’s Hav'n a BBQ Alpha Rub
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha sauce
- ½ cup Honey
- 1 lemon
- 1 jar of sesame garlic sauce (found in Asian food isle)
- ¼ tsp. Asian hot pepper oil
Grilled Baby Bok Choy
- 3-4 heads of baby bok choy
- Olive Oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Set grill direct at 400°F
- Wisk together all wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl add and the juice from ½ of the lemon (This will be your glaze).
- Season salmon on both sides with BBQ Bob's Hav'n a BBQ Alpha rub if salmon is skinless. If skin is on one side, just season the top.
- Spray the grill with pam or spray oil once it reaches 400°F. Lay salmon directly on the grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side. If skin is on one side, cook the skin side first and then flip the salmon oven. Remove the skin and season that side as well.
- Glaze the salmon and cook for 1 minute, flip, and glaze again. Allow the glaze to caramelize, but do not let it burn. A good trick when grilling with sugary glazes is to cook the fish in a disposable pan, glaze, and finish in the pan. This will reduce the risk of burning.
- Take the internal temp to 120-125°F.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over salmon and serve.
- Clean the bok choy with water and then pat dry.
- Brush on olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill direct on both sides for approx. 5-7 minutes until leaves start to char and brown. The bok choy should be tender, but still have a little crispiness.