Steak and bacon always make an irresistible pair. This delicious and tender filet is wrapped in bacon and then grilled to perfection. Top it off with Snow crab legs and a rich, creamy hollandaise sauce that’s then garnished with fresh Thai basil leaves. Serve with a side of grilled asparagus.
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Filet Oscar
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- 4 filet mignon steaks cut 2” thick
- 4 strips of bacon (thin cut)
- Olive oil
- BBQ Bob's Hav'n a BBQ 7 Bones Beef rub
- Use 1 lb. of crab legs
- 1 lbs. of fresh asparagus
- Olive Oil
- Garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 fresh lemon
Thai Basil Hollandaise sauce (blender method)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 stick butter
- 1 pinch salt
- Juice of 1 ½ lemons
- Set grill direct on one side and indirect on the other (500°F).
- Brush olive oil on all sides of each steak then dust with BBQ Bob's Hav'n a BBQ 7Bones beef rub.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around the edge of each steak. Use toothpicks to secure the bacon around the steaks and keep it from coming off during the cook.
- Reduce the heat to 350°F and finish cooking the steaks on the indirect side of the grill. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 130-132°F for medium rare.
- Let the steaks rest for 10 minutes.
- Steam either King crab or Snow crab legs for approx.10-12 minutes or until the crab meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Chill the crab and then remove the legs in full pieces from the shells. Set aside.
- Snap off the very bottoms of asparagus.
- Brush olive oil onto the asparagus spears, season with kosher salt, cracked black pepper, garlic powder and fresh lemon juice.
- Grill asparagus direct on the grill at 350°F for approx. 5-7 minutes, flipping them with tongs to evenly cook.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add 3 egg yolks to a blender and blend for 10 seconds.
- Add lemon juice and blend for an additional 10 seconds.
- Slowly add in melted butter and blend for 15 seconds.
- Add Thai basil and give it a few more pulses.
- Set aside
- Remove toothpicks from steaks.
- Set one steak on each plate.
- Sprinkle on a dash of kosher salt.
- Set 3 spears of asparagus on plate next to or on top of steak.
- Place 2 or three crab legs on top of each steak.
- Spoon hollandaise sauce over the entire plated dish.
- Add a little fresh cracked pepper on top.
- Garnish with some fresh Thai basil leaves.