BBQ Bob teamed up with Flying Fish Beer and Hatfield Meats to bring you the ultimate Beer and Brat’s recipe. This combines the flavors of Flying Fish beer into the Hatfield Brat’s along with BBQ Bob’s magic touch on the grill!
Hatfield Cheddar and Ale Brats with Flying Fish Beer Peppers and Onions
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- 1 dozen brats
- 1 large shallot sliced into thin rings
- 3 medium Vidalia onions cut into half rings
- 4 red bell peppers sliced thin
- 4 cubanelle peppers cut into thin rings
- 3 cans of Flying Fish Outside IPA
- German style mustard
- 3 tbsp. butter
- BBQ Bob’s Alpha Rub seasoning
- Fire up the grill and set your temperature to 400°F (I use the Monolith Grill and cook direct on the 2nd tier shelf).
- Slather brats with German style mustard then dust with Alpha BBQ seasoning
- In a dutch oven or grill safe pot, pour in all of the beer, onions, peppers, shallots and butter.
- Allow the pepper and onions to cook down in the beer for about 20-25 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Place brats directly on the grate and grill to achieve nice grill marks taking the sausages to about 140-150°F internally
- Place the brats into the pot with the peppers and onions and continue to cook the brats in the pot for about 15 minutes or until the internal brat temp is 170°F
- Enjoy on a fresh roll and serve with an ice cold Flying Fish Outside IPA!