Recipe by Chris Jaronsky. Visit him online at: http://cookinginmyyard.com/roasted-chicken-big-green-egg/ Roasted chicken cooked over a tray of seasoned potatoes, carrots, and onions. The juices from the chicken help give an awesome flavor to the veggies.
Veggie Roasted Chicken
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- 1 whole chicken
- 4 lbs potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 2 med. onions
- Olive Oil
- Weber "sweet and Tangy" bbq seasoning, or similar seasoning
- Rinse chicken, pat it dry, then sprinkle it with the seasoning mix.
- Tie the chicken legs together and closer to the body for more even cooking.
- Cut potatoes, carrots and onions into bite sized chunks.
- Coat veggies with some olive oil, then sprinkle a generous amount of seasoning onto veggies and mix up.
- Place veggies into a roasting pan.
- Place a roasting rack into the pan with the veggies, than place the chicken onto the roasting rack.
- Set up the grill (Big Green Egg, Weber charcoal grill, or propane grill) for indirect cooking at 350 degrees.
- Insert cooking thermometer (remote probe) and place entire roasting pan with all ingredients onto the grill.
- Remove everything from the grill when internal temp of the chicken hits 165 degrees.
- Cover pan and chicken with foil and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice the chicken, replate the vegetables, and serve.