BBQ Bob’s competition-winning Alpha BBQ rub and Havin’ A BBQ sauce took many an award-winning BBQ’er to the top. Guests are sure to pile their plates high with these sweet, yet spicy wings. Perfect for game night, lunch box leftovers, or watching the big game on TV.
BBQ Bob’s Alpha Wings with Garlic Honey BBQ Sauce
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- 1 package of chicken wings
- 2 oz. BBQ Bob’s Alpha BBQ Rub
- 1 tsp. BBQ Bob’s Alpha BBQ rub for the sauce
- 2 cups of BBQ Bob’s Hav'N a BBQ Sauce sauce
- 1 ½ cups of Franks hot sauce
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- ½ cup clover honey
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 heaping tsp. of minced garlic or 2 fresh cloves minced
- 1 tbsp. of Worchester sauce
- Set your grill or smoker to 275°F direct. Use a small chunk of Sugar Maple smoke wood.
- Blend all of the above ingredients together except for the 2 oz. of BBQ Bob’s Alpha BBQ Rub. (used to season the wings)
- Heat over medium heat or place in your smoker to heat allowing honey to blend with the other ingredients and keep warm on the side.
- Section out the wings into wing and drumette portions and season with BBQ Bob’s Alpha BBQ Rub.
- Lay seasoned wings on the cooking rack and cook for approx. 35-40 minutes. Flip all of the wings over and continue to cook until the wings reach an internal temperature of 185-190°F.
- Remove the wings from the smoker, sauce them with the honey garlic BBQ sauce and serve with blue cheese dressing.