Try this different idea for stuffed peppers. Meatloaf and Bacon included, its gotta be a winner!
Meatloaf Stuffed Bell Peppers Wrapped in Bacon
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- 1lb. package meatloaf mix
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped fine
- 1 large jalapeno chopped fine
- 1 shallot chopped fine
- 1 ½ C. shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ C. BBQ sauce (we recommend BBQ Bob’s Original sauce)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. BBQ Bob’s Alpha Rub
- ½ C. cool water
- 4-6 large yellow bell peppers (substitute any color you like)
- 1 lb. thin bacon (thick cut doesn’t stretch to wrap properly)
- Mix ground meat with all other ingredients (except bell peppers and bacon) in a large bowl and blend well with hands.
- Cut the tops off each bell pepper keeping the stem in-tact and remove seeds.
- Stuff meatloaf into each pepper and toothpick the tops back on the peppers. Usually 2-3 toothpicks do the trick for each pepper.
- Wrap each pepper with about 4 strips of bacon and place on the grill over indirect heat for approx. 30 minutes at 300°F or until the internal temp reaches 160° and the bacon has rendered. Slice and serve.