Next time you want to wow your family and friends try out BBQ Bobs Jalapeno Cilantro Pork Steak Bacon Burger! A great infusion of flavor, perfect as we enter Spring!
Jalapeno Cilantro Pork Steak Bacon Burger
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- 1 Pork Butt roast (about 3 lbs)
- 1 pack of onion buns
- 3 stips of Jalepeno & Cilantro Bacon (www.bespokebacon.com)
- 1 medium fresh jalapeno
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 medium Vidalia onion
- 4 oz. sour cream
- Kosher salt
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- 3 tsp. Olive oil
- Pre-set smoker to 275° F.
- Rub pork roast with olive oil and season it with kosher salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Slow smoke Pork roast until it reaches 175°F internally.
- In a medium size skillet, fry up the jalapeno cilantro bacon until crispy then set aside on some paper towels.
- Using the grease from the bacon, caramelize thick sliced rings of the Vidalia onion and set aside as well.
- Finely chop a small bunch of cilantro, 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded) and the sour cream into a bowl and mix lightly. Set aside.
- When the pork roast has reached 175° F internally, let it rest for 20 minutes then slice it into 1 ½” thick slices.
- Assemble burgers by smearing jalapeno/cilantro sour cream on both sides of bun, place pork steak onto bun, top with caramelized onions, Jalapeno cilantro bacon and serve