Give your guests a new twist on veggies and breakfast !
Chickpea Waffle with Tzatziki
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- 2 cups of dried chick peas soaked overnight
- 3 cloves garlic mined
- 2 carrots shredded
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 tbs. flour
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. BBQ Bob’s 7Bones Rub
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
Tzatziki sauce recipe:
- 2 cups of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber diced small
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Salt and pepper
- Once the chickpeas are soaked, simmer them for 30 minutes then drain and cool.
- Add the chick peas, shredded carrots, garlic, eggs, salt, pepper, cumin, 7Bones and coriander to the food processor and pulse to blend ingredients coarsely, not to a paste.
- Add the flour and baking powder and pulse a few more times.
- Remove the mixture and place in a large bowl. Fold ingredients and refrigerate covered for several hours.
- Turn your waffle iron to medium high and place a heaping tbsp. of the mixture into the waffle iron once it is hot. Try 2 minutes at first to see how your waffle iron cooks up the mixture. You are looking for a light brown and crispy surface. Serve with fresh plain yogurt and lemon juice or tzatziki.
- Mix all Tzatziki ingredients together with a spoon and serve with chick pea waffle.