This 4 ingredient Burnt Ends recipe will blow your mind! Try out this recipe for your family, friends, or even BBQ judges! It will not disappoint.
BBQ Bob’s 4 Ingredient Burnt Ends
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- 1 whole brisket
- 1 shaker of Mad Maddie’s Buttery Garlic seasoning
- 1 shaker of 7 Bones Beef rub
- 1 bottle of Beef and Big Game sauce
- Trim heavy fat and silver skin off the point and flat of the brisket.
- Slow cook your brisket at 250°F over charcoal and your choice of smoke wood. (I used a couple chunks of Pecan and Hickory)
- When brisket is tender (approximately 203-205°F) separate the point and flat. (9-11 hours overall)
- Trim off any unwanted thin, thick, dry, or fatty parts of the point.
- Re-season the point with 7Bones beef rub and place back in the cooker to form an even bark.
- you can separate the point and flat before smoking and cook separately if desired. I like cooking them together. I get a moist product when cooking choice cuts this way.
- Once bark is formed, let cool slightly and cube the point with a sharp knife. Choose the nicest looking cubes If competing. If not, sauce them all with warmed BBQ Bob’s Beef and Big Game sauce. Place on a rack and get them back in the smoker for 5-7 minutes allowing sauce to set.
- Place 1-2 oz. of Mad Maddie’s seasoning in a coffee grinder to make a fine finishing dust. Place dust into a powered sugar shaker with a fine mesh screen.
- Dust the sauces cubes on bottom and top lightly and serve to family, friends and bbq judges!