This twist on the Philadelphia region’s well-known Long Hot’s is sure to be a hit with friends and family. It’s perfect for an appetizer or for a meal!
Stuffed Long Peppers
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- 12 long hot Italian peppers
- 1 lb. mild Italian pork sausage
- ¼ C grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 8 oz. shredded asiago cheese
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Par boil peppers for 5-6 minutes in boiling water
- Let the peppers cool, slice long ways down the center and remove all seeds
- In a sauté pan, brown ground sausage and minced garlic, once browned, add in tomato sauce and Romano cheese. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stuff peppers with sausage mixture and grill direct on grill at 300°F for approx. 10-12 minutes.
- Add shredded Asiago cheese and cook for another 5 minutes or until asiago melts.