Try out BBQ Bob’s easy, but incredibly flavorful venison or beef jerky!
Beef or Deer Jerky
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- 5 lbs of London broil, top round, or venison sliced into 1/8” slices
- 1 bottle of BBQ Bob’s Beef and Big Game Sauce
- 10 oz. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tbsp BBQ Bob’s 7 Bones Beef Rub
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 cups water
- Blend all ingredients well, then pour into a 2-gallon zip lock bag along with all of the meat. Marinate in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
- Set smoker indirect to 160-170°F.
- Use 2-3 chunks total of hickory and apple wood for smoke.
- Place marinated jerky on racks and smoke until dry for 5-6 hours
- Once finished, place in a plastic bag overnight, then transfer to a paper bag and store it in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy with a cold beer or warm holiday beverage!