There’s a chicken in your backyard! But don’t worry, it’s ready to be cooked. This is a nice simple BBQ recipe for those who just happen to find some chicken in their backyard.
Backyard Chicken, Thighs and Drumsticks
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- 6 chicken thighs
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 3 oz. BBQ Bob’s Alpha BBQ Rub
- 6 oz. BBQ Bob’s Hav'N a BBQ Sauce
- 6 oz. Chicken broth
- Light Olive Oil
- BBQ Guru Temperature control system
- Apple fruit wood chips
- Chef’s Knife
- Marinade injector
- Basting brush
- Cutting board
- 2 aluminum disposable half pans
- Disposable Gloves
- Hearth Gloves
- Set your BBQ Guru Temperature control to 275°F.
- Remove chicken pieces from the package and lay them out on the cutting board.
- Trim any excess fat and skin from the chicken thighs.
- Pour some chicken broth and a pinch or two of seasoning into a measuring cup and stir well.
- Extract some of the broth with the marinade injector and pump an ounce or so into each chicken thigh and drumstick.
- Brush some olive oil on each piece of chicken covering all sides then moderately coat the chicken with BBQ Bob’s Alpha BBQ Rub.
- Place a handful of smoke wood chips into the hot coals about 5 minutes before placing chicken on the grill.
- Place chicken on the grill skin side up for about 25 minutes then flip each piece over.
- After flipping cook for another 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 180-185°F.
- Remove the chicken and place them into disposable aluminum half pan.
- Brush on the BBQ Bob’s Hav'N a BBQ Sauce while the chicken is in the pans and place them back on the cooker in the pans for 5-10 minutes to set the sauce and allow it to glaze.