DigiQ DX2 Black 6 Foot Probes - FREE KNIFE PROMO
THREE WAYS TO BUY:
(1) Choose your grill/smoker from the drop-down below to find a compatible model:
(2) Use our fun and easy-to-use "Guru Guide" to find the Guru right for you!
(3) For the advanced user, build the components of a custom Guru Control kit.
Available in Black or Green:
Why is controlling your cooker’s temperature is important?The DigiQ helps solve the two most common problems of cooking outdoors:
- Regulating your grill’s temperature
- Accurately monitoring your food’s temperature
Meat is naturally built around tough, chewy protein fiber structures called collagen. Cooking at precise low temperatures over several hours breaks down those bonds and transforms them into that incredibly tender, tantalizingly juicy, and amazingly delicious BBQ we all crave.
HOW THEY WORK VIDEO
Here’s an example of unmanaged temperature fluctuations in a grill WITHOUT the DigiQ:
Unmanaged Temperature Swings
Without the DigiQ, those unstable temperature swings would quickly dry out your meat and make it tough. Worse, it could char it beyond recognition. With the use of the DigiQ, however, your cooker’s temperature can be automatically controlled with oven-like precision. Before our line of BBQ Guru controls, this level of accuracy had never been possible in outdoor cooking. Now it is:
Precise Temperature with Guru Control
Why is food temperature monitoring important?
Open lid. Check temperature. Close lid. Open lid. Check temperature. Close …
With most barbequers and grillers, this is what happens. We are so worried about it being overcooked, we constantly check it. That causes the dreaded temperature fluctuations.
Because the DigiQ’s digital thermometer constantly tracks your meat’s internal temperature, it eliminates the guesswork of knowing when your food is done. And that means you can pull your food off the heat at the exact moment it reaches its peak of perfection. Simply set your “food ready” temperature on the control, and it notifies you when your meat is done with an audible alert.
Works in Just Four Easy Steps:
- Attach the DigiQ to your grill or smoker
- Place the ambient digital thermometer inside on the pit grate
- Place the food digital thermometer inside your meat
- Set your desired temperature for the cooker and your “food ready” temperature
Then let it do its magic. You can set it and forget it with no worries because BBQ Guru’s proprietary technology monitors and controls the cooker, feeds the precise amount of oxygen to your fuel, and helps you achieve precise temperature control.
Overcooked meat is a thing of the past.
RAMP MODE FEATURE
Activate the “Ramp Mode” feature and the DigiQ detects when your food is approaching its “done” temperature. It then shuts off the fan blades. That allows you more time to remove your meat at the perfect moment, avoiding the chances of overcooking.
OPEN LID DETECTION
Since opening your cooker’s or smoker’s lid can cause a quick drop in temperature. DigiQ’s built-in algorithms evaluate when a sudden drop in temperature has happened. It then automatically minimizes temperature disturbance and speeds up recovery time to the desired cooking temperature.
- Full-time adaptive control algorithm learns how your pit behaves for better stability and accuracy
- The Open Lid Detection option senses when the cooker is open. This minimizes the temperature disturbance and quickly recovers your grill to the desired cooking temperature
- Exclusive Ramp Down feature lowers cooking heat when meat temperature rises close to the “done” temperature so meat doesn’t overcook
- Because of its precision, your charcoal burns more efficiently, lasts longer, and saves you money
- High intensity LED display that is visible in bright sunlight
- Controls temperatures ranging from 32˚F-475˚F range with +/- 2˚F accuracy
- Runs on 100-240V AC power (12V DC power options available, sold separately)
- Can control up to two powerful Pit Bull fans (for bigger cookers)
- Aluminum control box is rugged and rust-free
- Proudly made in the USA
- Recipe booklet included
RAVE CRITIC REVIEWS
BBQBros.net – “I love mine and don’t know what I’d do without it.”
AmazingRibs.com – “It will save you a lot of time fiddling with your vents.” – Winner of the Technology Silver Award
ZDNet.com – “You, too, can smoke [meat] like a true competition pitmaster.”
“Wow. What a way to take the guessing out of long BBQ times, such as a Boston butt or ribs. Works great to keep the temperature at the proper level for cold cooking on my Big Green Egg. Insures success every time!!” – AKP
“It kept the pit temperature spot on ... and beeped me when the internal temperature met it’s mark.... Easy to set up.... Easy to put away…” – Larry
“Absolutely incredible! Used it for the first time this past weekend and worked on our Big Green Egg for a 14 hour smoke and was totally fantastic!!!” – AC
“I bought [the DigiQ] for my husband for Valentine’s Day, and he loves, loves, loves it!!! The food always comes out perfect!!” – Lisa D
“This is the BOMB! I love it. Smoked two beef tenderloins to perfection. Smoked two fantastic turkey breasts for Thanksgiving. Smiles on everyone’s faces. For the first time in many years, we didn’t have turkey leftovers!” – DRD
“This item was the best thing to ever happen to my BBQ smoking. I cook overnight and never have any issues.” – Travis
“The DigiQ is a lifesaver. It regulates everything, and you don’t have to mess with it. We have cooked for 17-18 hours and the DigiQ keeps it a perfect temperature.” – SC
“Works great, keeps temperature constant, and helps to put out great tasting BBQ.” – AV
“Just buy the damn thing. You will not be disappointed. It’s the best purchase I have ever made!” – Derek
“Ran it thru a 12 hour smoke with a big ol’ butt, and the dang thing worked like a charm. – Tom
BBQ Bob demonstrates the DigiQ
HOW TO ORDER:
Because of the variety of cookers and grills on the market, we sell several different varieties of kits that make it easy to install the DigiQ control.
Our most popular kits are:
OTHER GURU CONTROLS
- PartyQ – Portable and great for those lives that are on-the-go. Because the PartyQ runs on AA batteries, it is fantastic for controlling cooker temperature when camping, RV’ing, tailgating, or just cooking in your backyard..
- CyberQ – Controls your cooker temperature and comes with three digital food thermometers. Monitor and control the CyberQ via WiFi with your mobile device or desktop computer. Also alerts you when your food is done with an e-mail, text, or audible alert.